Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Lack of friends made me happy (1)

* * * * * * * * * *

Chapter 3 I suffer from severe selective mutism

Lack of friends made me happy (1)

* * * * * * * * * *

If you find a child who have no friends, do you think he or she is happy or unhappy?

Most people will answer, "He or she is unhappy."

I can agree with that. Anxious child, especially, tend to feel lonely. But there's an exception.

[I felt pleasure in being alone]

My friendless state has continued for more than half a year. The last friend I made was M whom I got acquainted with in the previous school.

At first I felt lonely. I desired for friends.

But gradually, my feelings changed. I felt pleasure in being alone. I was satisfied with refusing friendship and spending my time with doing what I wanted. I never thought that being alone was fun!

I enjoyed solitude. Being alone gave me freedom. I thought my friendless state positively. That made my school life happy. You may think that I was an eccentric boy, though.

(To be continued)

Index of SM story