Tuesday, February 13, 2007

New Teacher (1)

* * * * * * * * * *

Chapter 3 I Suffer From Severe Selective Mutism

New Teacher (1)

* * * * * * * * * *

I was promoted to the 5th grade.

My new homeroom teacher was Mr.Y. He was the first male teacher I had ever had.

Mr.Y seemed to be in his 40's and be the oldest teacher of all of the 5th grade homeroom teachers. But he insisted that he was 28.

He called children's names without honorifics. Although I had been firmly taught not to call children's names without honorifics in the previous school, I was used to be called that way then.

Soon after the new class started, Mr.Y realized that one child was a bullied in the class. He emphasized that bullying was wrong in homeroom period. I felt that how to deal with bullying differed from teacher to teacher.

Mr.Y realized me, a child with selective mutism, and saw me as a problem.

(To be continued)

Index of SM story