Thursday, February 08, 2007

Introduction of My 5-6th Grade Era

* * * * * * * * * *

Chapter 3 I Suffer From Severe Selective Mutism

Introduction of My 5-6th Grade Era

* * * * * * * * * *

[My Symptom]

When I was the 5-6th grade, my mutism was severe.

I could not speak and even smile. I had little facial expression. My movement was so slow as if I was in a daze. I was gloomy every day. I believed that I was a worthless boy and the world would be better off without me. I had an inferior complex.

I communicated with my classmates by nodding and shaking my head. I could read aloud in class, but my voice was very very thin.

In contrast, I was a chatterer in my house.

[I Didn't Know Selective Mutism]

I didn't know selective mutism then. I thought that my shy temperament caused me not to be able to speak in school. So, I had a strong desire to change my temperament.

But my shyness was so extreme that I sometimes guessed that I suffered from some sort of illness or disability and I should receive special education.

(To be continued)

Index of SM story