Monday, February 26, 2007

I was a serious boy only in school(2)

* * * * * * * * * *

Chapter 3 I Suffer From Severe Selective Mutism

I was a serious boy only in school(2)

* * * * * * * * * *

[I was not serious!]

My teacher and most classmates viewed me as serious. But in my house, I was not such a boy. In fact, I liked a gag cartoon Tsurupika Hagemaru.

"Tomishige is serious. So, you watch only serious TV program, didn't you?"

I was sometimes asked that way by my classmates. I couldn't shake my head honestly.

Everyone viewed me as a serious boy. My homeroom teacher, especially, praised my seriousness. So, I was obsessed by the idea that I must behave like a genuine serious boy.

In this way, I was not able to relax in school more and more. Its' my own fault, though.

[After that]

Lastly, I'll write a bit about my life after I graduated from elementary school.

When I was in junior high school, high school and college, I was viewed as serious as before. Some people said, "I've never seen such a serious man!"

In addition, my families also viewed me as serious, probably because I was obsessed by the idea that I must be serious, and behaved that way.

The beginning of my long "serious life" was the 5th grade area.

(To be continued)

Index of SM story