Thursday, March 15, 2007

Playing with friends (1)

* * * * * * * * * *

Chapter 3 I suffer from severe selective mutism

Playing with friends (1)

* * * * * * * * * *

I sometimes played with K and S in K's house after school. I got mute even in K's house.

I'll write about my memories.

[K's bookshelf]

K showed me his bookshelf. I was surprised to see that. A large number of books were stored in the shelf. But K said, "It's part of my all books." Moreover, his library included even books in English.

K asked me, "Tomishige also has a lot of books, doesn't you?" I didn't have nor read so many books. But peer pressure put on me to nod my head. I felt strong pressure to behave like a bright boy like K. I couldn't relax even when I played with friends.

One day K showed me a gag cartoon in English from his bookshelf. The cartoon was so comical that I could not help smiling.

It was shocking for me. I was a child with selective mutism. I couldn't even smile when I got together with my classmates. But I smiled to see the cartoon in front of K.

K noticed that I was smiling. I was so embarrassed to show my smile.

(To be continued)

Index of SM story