Tuesday, March 06, 2007

New friends

* * * * * * * * * *

Chapter 3 I suffer from severe selective mutism

New friends

* * * * * * * * * *

A few months after I was promoted to the 5th grade, I had new friends.

It may be odd, because I was satisfied with being alone, as I mentioned earlier. I can't remember why I made friends. Maybe I couldn't decline offer of friendship due to my passive temperament.

I had two friends.

[K]

K was a bright but eccentric boy.

He was a cultured boy and always earned high marks on tests.

His nickname was "Nepal," because he lived in Nepal for a while when he was in the 3rd grade.

He sometimes took proud in his father. "My father is great! He doesn't have cars, because he doesn't want to pollute the air." How ecological father he was! But I thought K also was. I saw that K blew his nose not with his tissues but with his handkerchief!

Not only car. According to the rumor, his family didn't have TV.

[S]

S was a mild and serious boy.

I got acquainted with S in the previous class. Since then, he had been kind to me.

[Trio]

We were good friends. We sometimes played together. Leader was K.

But K and S had many friends other than me. When they played with other children, I was alone.

(To be continued)

Index of SM story