Monday, March 12, 2007

Friend's home

* * * * * * * * * *

Chapter 3 I suffer from severe selective mutism

Friend's home

* * * * * * * * * *

I made new friends. K and S.

We sometimes played together after school. Our leader was K. He always asked S and me over.

In K's house, we saw his family.

[K's mother]

K's mother was a a full-time homemaker. Besides doing household chores, she was involved in a volunteer activity. When I went to K's house, she was usually hospitable to me.

She was very kind to me even in school situation. For instance, one day we school children went on a school outing with our parents. It was a hot summer day. I was sweating. Seeing me, she handed a wet towel and said, "Please hang this towel, and it will prevent you from getting dehydrated." She usually took such special care of me. Maybe I was viewed as a child whom need special care.

[K's father]

We rarely saw K's father. He was busy at work.

"My father is a professor at ** University," K said. I understood why K was so bright but eccentric.

[K's sister]

K had a younger sister. I and S didn't play with her very much, but she sometimes helped us, for instance, answering the door. I felt that she was a disciplined girl.

I was sensitive about how she thought about me. How did a child feel about a older boy with selective mutism? Did see despise me in her heart for my extremely shyness? Although she didn't take such a cavalier attitude towards me, I could not help being sensitive.

[M, a classmate girl]

M, a classmate girl lived nearby K's house. She was very popular with classmate boys, but I wasn't interested in her. I loved A, a friend of M who was the most violent girl in my class.

(To be continued)

Index of SM story