Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Loser Child

* * * * * * * * * *

Chapter 1 Before I Became Selectively Mute (3)

Loser Child

* * * * * * * * * *

[ Loser Child ]

What was worse was that I was extremely dull, slow and clumsy. Whatever I did, I was at the bottom of the class I belonged to.

All classmates clearly seemed to be cleverer, smarter, and more intelligent than me. I had an inferiority complex. I wondered why such differences existed between classmates.

[Wetted My Pants!]

What is worse is that I sometimes wetted my pants in the kindergarten! Whenever I had an accident, I loudly cried and that bothered my teacher.

There were few children who wetted their pants there. We were 5 year old children, not 2 or 3 years old. But I did many times over.

[Terrible!]

Of course, there are differences between children to some extent. Some children are bright, others are dull. But I was dull in the extreme.

I think I may have been mentally retarded. As I wrote, I couldn't utter a word until I was 3 years old.

I felt anxious about my future although I was only a child.

(To be continued)