Friday, November 23, 2007

Good classmates

* * * * * * * * * *

Chapter 4 Selective mutism and my junior high school years

Good classmates

* * * * * * * * * *

As I mentioned earlier, a few classmates bullied me. But most classmates didn't. They cherished me. Although they didn't know the medical term "selective mutism," they understood that there were reticent children like me out there.

Soon after moving up to the eighth grade, O, my classmate girl from the seventh grade, showed me many kindnesses. In addition, Y and her friends, my new classmate girls took an interest in me and also showed me many kindness. After several months, Y and her friends made friends with me. But on the other hand, O avoided me for some reason. I guessed that O felt it was difficult to keep close relations with me, because Y and O were not so friendly with each other.

The most kind classmate boy was S. He always took care of me. For instance, when we went on a school trip, he grouped me together with him not to isolate me.

There were many other classmates who took a favorable attitude to me. I was blessed with good classmates.

(To be continued)

Index of SM story