Sunday, January 07, 2007

My Father's Passing (2)

* * * * * * * * * *

Chapter 2 I Get Selective Mutism

My Father's Passing (2)

* * * * * * * * * *

[Selective Mutism and My Father's Passing]

Myth seems to spread that selective mutism occur after someone's passing. But I suppose that my symptom isn't related to my father's passing. I got selective mutism before my father's passing, and my symptom didn't get worse after the incident.

[I Always Bring Misfortune?]

My father passed away at my 10th birthday. Strange to say, my grandfather also passed away 5 days before I was born.

"You always bring misfortune."

Since this day, my family sometimes said to me. Of course, it's a joke for them.

But I thought that maybe I was destined to be unhappy. As I mentioned earlier, my misfortune was not only my father's passing. I've been bullied since I went to school, and got selective mutism in the 4th grade.

[Bullies' Attitude]

When I went back to school, I realized that my classmates' attitude toward me changed. Bullies didn't tease me as they used to be. I supposed that even bullies didn't have a feeling of teasing a boy whose father passed away.

But K, my classmate who bullied me most, was as usual.What a heartless man he was!

About a week later, my classmates began to bully me again.

[Changing School Again]

After my father's passing, my mother and relatives discussed my family's future course. The discussion was related to my changing school.

(To be continued)

Index of SM story