Sunday, January 28, 2007

Failed to Adapt to New School Environment

* * * * * * * * * *

Chapter 2 I Get Selective Mutism

Failed to Adapt to New School Environment

* * * * * * * * * *

[Not Only Selective Mutism]

I couldn't adapt to the new school.

My problem was not only selective mutism.

I was extremely weak in a class which children play in gymnasium. (It was not PE) I couldn't get involved in the activity, and could do nothing but sob.

Although some classmates were kind to me, no one tried to make friends with me. I was often alone in classroom.

Almost all classmates bullied me in the previous class. In this class two classmates bullied me. One was a boy, the other was a girl.

[Cold Teacher]

My new homeroom teacher was an old woman.

She seemed to be disinterested in me. She was cold toward me and left me alone. Unlike my previous homeroom teacher, she didn't even scold me.

But she had intimate relationship with classmates except for me. I had a distrust of her. I guessed that she may have slighted me, because she was in charge of me only for 3 months. (it was the third school term of the 4th grade)

I knew later that she took charge of this class from 3rd grade. In other words, she had developed close relationships with the children since 3rd grade. That's why she and the children were so intimate together.

[K, A Beautiful Girl]

Speaking of the 3rd school term of the 4th grade, I remember a girl, K.

She was a tall beautiful girl, who took care of me for some reason when I couldn't get involved in school activities and sob.

I didn't know why she sometimes looked after me. She was not close with me on a daily basis. Why?

Maybe my homeroom teacher assigned caretaker to her in secret, because she was the class vice-captain. Another possibilities were that she liked to help people in trouble.

Her care was helpful for me.

(To be continued)

Index of SM story