Sunday, December 10, 2006

My Father's Sickness

* * * * * * * * * *

Chapter 2 I Get Selective Mutism

My Father's Sickness

* * * * * * * * * *

[My Father's Sickness]

Not only school environment. My Family environment also got worse.

When I moved to the relatives' house, they often took me visiting my father in hospital. But gradually their attitude changed. In summer, they rarely took me to the hospital. Although I sometime said to them, "I wanna visit my father," their responses were "No."

But one day, they took me.

I was deeply shocked to see my father. He was not lively as he used to be. My mother and some relatives attending my father looked quite serious and tired. "S (my father's name,) Tomishige is coming. Can you see him?" One relative said to my father. He didn't suffer from eye disease. But his illness looked so serious that he became extremely weak and his vision was impaired.

My father, though he was seriously weak, told me some words. That was just like his last wish.

Then, we left the sickroom. I didn't imagine his condition got worse until I visited.

[Birth and ...]

It was my 10th birthday morning. When I was getting ready to go to school, the telephone rang. Seeing my relative taking the phone, I wondered who called us at early hour.

After put down the phone, my relative said me, "Tomishige, your father passed away."

(To be continued)

Index of SM story