Friday, November 03, 2006

I Get Selective Mutism (2)

* * * * * * * * * *

Chapter 2 I Get Selective Mutism

I Get Selective Mutism (2)

* * * * * * * * * *

[I was severely bullied]

In the new class, I was bullied. At that time I worried about bullying rather than selective mutism. I believed that severe bullying caused me to be selectively mute.

Being bullied in the previous school, I had expected this to some extent in advance. But bullying in this school was more than I had expected. I was bullied by most classmates. I cried nearly every day, although I was the 4th grade.

[Teacher's Responses to Bullying]

In this way, new school environment was highly stressful. In school I felt as if I were overwhelmed by the atmosphere in the classroom.

I sometimes asked Ms. N, my homeroom teacher, for help. But she didn't game me a helping hand. Instead, I was scolded by her. It seemed that she viewed the cause of bullying as my flaccidness. Although she didn't treat me unfairly, she was strict with me about bullying problem.

Incidentally, she made children keep diaries and turned in. I also did. I could freely write what I thought in the diary. Despite I was selectively mute in school, I could express my thoughts in writing.

(To be continued)

Index of SM story