Monday, November 13, 2006

New Home Life

* * * * * * * * * *

Chapter 2 I Get Selective Mutism

New Home Life

* * * * * * * * * *

Not to change the subject, but I'll write about my new home life in this entry.

[House Sitter]

As I mentioned earlier, I lived in my relatives' house. I was often alone in the house after school, because relatives went to work and my mother nursed my father in hospital.

[What Did I Do After School Hours in House?]

Unlike in the school, I was relaxed in the house. I wasn't a mute child there.

What did I do after school hours in the house?

I spent my time reading Japanese manga (e.g. Doraemon, Tsurupika Hagemaru, etc.,) playing video game (e.g. Super Mario Brothers, Dragon Warrior, etc,) or studying.

Before I moved here, I went to learn calligraphy and swimming. But after I moved here, I didn't took any after-school lessons.

I didn't watch TV programs very much. Most programs broadcast after school hours were for adults or young adults (e.g. Ladies 4, Maidens of Aries, news programs, etc.)

I played Menko, Japanese card game. Although Menko is old game, most boys in the school played that with enthusiasm. But nobody didn't play with me. I played alone in my house.

[Going out]

I sometimes went out after school. Interested in the geography of the town, I explored here and there.

I once played with a boy who lived in the house's neighborhood. I didn't get mute when I played with him.

[With My Relatives]

At dinner time, relatives returned home. They were always kind to me. I could talk in the house without any problems.

[Visited My Father in Hospital]

I frequently visited my father in hospital with my relatives. I didn't get mute in the hospital.

My father didn't seem to be ailing. He said to me, "Don't worry. I'll cure my disease and go to work again." My mother nursed my father, but she didn't seem to worry about his condition very much.

My favorite thing was eating Chinese noodle in a gullet at the hospital. Hearing from my mother and relatives that this hospital was the leading hospital in this region, I wasn't anxious about my father.

(To be continued)

Index of SM story