Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Study in junior high school

* * * * * * * * * *

Chapter 4 Selective mutism and my junior high school years

Study in junior high school

* * * * * * * * * *

[Educational district]

My school district was also known as educational district. Many students had education-minded parents and therefore tended to study hard.

I was not an exception. My mother expected me to go to prestigious high school. Believe it or not, my parents graduated from one of the most prestigious high school in my school district. In addition, I had to rebuild my family because I was the eldest brother of a fatherless family. So, I thought that I also had to study hard to enter prestigious high school.

It goes without saying that educational background is important to make a career in Japan. Especially in my region, graduating from prestigious high school is more important than graduating from prestigious college.

[Another important matter]

Unlike elementary schools, junior high schools conduct final term exams, mid-term exams and academic ability tests. Of course, elementary schools in Japan also conduct exams, but junior high school exams are more important and difficult than elementary school exams.

I desired to overcome my selective mutism. But I had another important matter to tackle.

(To be continued)

Index of SM story