Friday, April 27, 2007

About my self-esteem

* * * * * * * * * *

Chapter 3 I suffer from severe selective mutism

About my self-esteem

* * * * * * * * * *

When I was the 5th grade, I had very low self-esteem.

But at the same time I had high confidence in some specific things.

For instance, I was good at arithmetic and social studies, as I mentioned earlier. So, I had high confidence in getting high mark in exams in arithmetic and social studies.

Another thing I had confidence in is Shogi, a Japanese chess. When I was the 5th grade, many classmates played Shogi at break. I also did. I beated many classmates. I was known as a strong Shogi player among my classmates. In this way, when it came to Shogi, I also had high confidence.

But my self-esteem was extremely low. I suffered from terribly inferior complex even my superiority in arithmetic, social studies and Shogi.

Both high confidence and low confidence was mixed in my heart. But on the whole, my self-esteem was extremely low, probably because of my selective mutism.

(To be continued)

Index of SM story