Thursday, October 19, 2006

Changing School (2)

* * * * * * * * * *

Chapter 2 I Get Selective Mutism

Changing School (2)

* * * * * * * * * *

[New Environment]

At the end of April, I moved to my relatives' house. On the other hand, my father was sent to hospital to treat his illness.

My relatives welcomed me with much kindness. Acquaintances of mine (a girl and a boy) who lived in the house's neighborhood also welcomed me.

I wasn't afraid of new environment very much, because my family and I had visited their house every Bon holidays, the Buddhist All Souls' Day. My relatives and acquaintances were always kind to me, so I trusted them.

[Preparing For School]

I would go to school as soon as I moved here. But I couldn't. My mother didn't seem to have completed moving-in formalities yet. I did nothing at home.

One relative guided me to the elementary school where I was going to go to. Although we didn't go in the school, we viewed the school building and ground from a distance. I had something like 30% of expectation and 70% of fearful.

The first time I went in the school was about 1 or 2 days before I attended lesson first. In this day parent-teacher-student meeting was held, and I first saw Ms. N, my homeroom teacher.

After that the day was coming when I attended lesson and saw my classmates for the first time.

(To be continued)

Index of SM story