Sunday, September 17, 2006

1st-3rd grade (4)

* * * * * * * * * *

Chapter 1 Before I Became Selectively Mute (6)

1st-3rd grade (4)

* * * * * * * * * *

[My Father]

My father was generous. Unlike my mother, he didn't scold me very much.

My father was busy working, so I didn't have enough time to spend with him. But he sometimes took my family for a ride in his car on Sunday. Although we visited many historical sights, I don't remember well where we went. It's a shame.

souvenir
(The image above is a souvenir we bought at the industrial heritage of Ikuno Silver Mine, western Japan.)

My father worked with enthusiasm. But he gradually became ill and was hospitalized when I was the third grade.

[My Relatives]

In the Bon holidays, the Buddhist All Souls' Day, we visited my relatives' residences. My parents was born in the residences which are remote from Kansai region, where I was born. My relatives always showed me great kindness. And I became friendly with a girl and a boy who lived in the residence's neighborhood. I felt that all people who live in there was good person.

* * * * * * * * * *

[School Life]

In this way, three years had passed since I entered elementary school.

At the last day of the school term, two classmates left the school and transferred to another school. The one is the boss of the kids, and the other is my first love.

I had seen many classmates who left from the school. But I believed that it was not my problem even if my first love transferred.

(To be continued on the next chapter)