Tuesday, September 12, 2006

1st-3rd grade (3)

* * * * * * * * * *

Chapter 1 Before I Became Selectively Mute (6)

1st-3rd grade (3)

* * * * * * * * * *

This entry is about me and my parents (especially mother) when I was the 1st-3rd grade.

[My Parents]

My father and mother were an ordinary parents. Father went to work. Mother did household chores.

[My Mother]

My mother was an ordinary mother who often scolded her son and didn't buy what he wanted to. :-( According to her, she disciplined me a little severely because I was the eldest son.

My mother was nervous. On the other hand, I was extremely careless about so many things. So, I was often scolded by her with anger. I was rarely praised in my childhood.

To me, her scoldings were very painful. I realized how anger hurt a person's feelings. I became a mild boy who doesn't express anger.

I was deeply afraid of her scoldings, "You shouldn't do that !" I grew up to be an anxious boy who often worried about my behavior, though it was not clear whether her discipline affected my anxious or not.

And I grow up to be a man of low self-esteem. My mother now sometimes regrets her past scoldings and says, "I may have scolded Tomishi too much." But it is not also certain whether my low self-esteem is due to her scoldings or not.

(To be continued)