Saturday, October 06, 2007

New teacher

* * * * * * * * * *

Chapter 4 Selective mutism and my junior high school years

New teacher

* * * * * * * * * *

I was promoted to the eighth grade.

Before new school term started, we students were informed of new class composition. I was surprised to know the class composition.

[New teacher]

My new homeroom teacher was a young male teacher. He was a physical education teacher and was a adviser to a track and field club in my school.

He was known as an intimidating teacher. He sometimes imposed physical punishment on students.

When I was the seventh grade, I took his PE lessons. Receiving his lessons, I thought that I didn't want him to be my homeroom teacher.

[Nervous diarrhea]

At the first day of the school term, I had diarrhea. I guessed that my worries about new school life caused the diarrhea.

At that time opening ceremony was about to start. I needed to go to the bathroom. But I had selective mutism. It was difficult for me to ask my homeroom teacher's permission to go to the bathroom. But I managed to get his permission.

A few weeks later, I had diarrhea again. I managed to get my homeroom teacher's permission and went to the bathroom again.

Since then, when I'd tried to say something to him, he'd always asked me, "Bathroom?"

(To be continued)

Index of SM story