Tuesday, October 30, 2007

A naughty boy and a delinquent boy

* * * * * * * * * *

Chapter 4 Selective mutism and my junior high school years

A naughty boy and a delinquent boy

* * * * * * * * * *

[A naughty boy]

I was bullied in school when I was the first-fourth grade. But when I was the fifth-seventh grade, few classmates bullied me.

When I moved up to the eighth grade, I was bullied again.

The bully's name was M. He teased me in various ways. He was a childish and naughty boy.

His way of bullying was also childish. For example, he sometimes hid my pen case or shoes. Grade school children may do so, but he was a junior high school student.

Oddly enough, his academic performance was better than mine. I was frustrated.

[A delinquent boy]

There was a delinquent boy in my class. I (and other classmates) was scared of him. If I attracted the attention of him, I was bullied by him.

[Signs of maladaptation]

Although most classmates were kind to me, a few of them weren't. Bullying was not so serious, but I began to show signs of maladaptation.

(To be continued)

Index of SM story