Thursday, December 04, 2008

New class

* * * * * * * * * *

Chapter 5 Selective mutism and my high school years

New class

* * * * * * * * * *

[I moved up to SPC]

At the end of the school year, my homeroom teacher told me that I would move up to Special Preparatory Course next school year.

As I wrote earlier, my high school consisted of three courses. Career Course, Preparatory Course and Special Preparatory Course.

Before I entered the high school, I wanted to study in SPC. But my wish was not granted.

But after I enrolled in the school, I studied hard in PC and got good grades on my exams many times. I guess that teachers appreciated me.

[New homeroom teacher]

I was acquainted with two teachers in SPC. One was Ms. O, a young English-language teacher. She was famous as a beautiful teacher. The other was Ms. H, a senior Japanese-language teacher. She had a stern look on her face. Honestly, I liked Ms. O rather than Ms. H. I wanted Ms. O to become my next homeroom teacher.

At the first of the school year, teachers announced new class composition. I was shocked. My homeroom teacher was Ms. H!

While I was afraid of her, I thought I could concentrate on my study to enter college.

[New Classmates]

I hardly saw any familiar faces in the new class. But I found M. M was my former female classmate. When she and I were in the sixth grade, there was a rumor that she loved me. When I entered the classroom, I was surprised. My desk was next to M.

My desk was in the corner of the classroom. The next seat to mine was M. The front seat was S, a male student I first became acquainted with.

S sometimes spoke to me. I managed to whisper to him. As it was the start of the school year, I had drive to speak and change myself. And the episode shows that I began to overcome selective mutism.

(To be continued)

Index of SM story