Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Earning redemption

* * * * * * * * * *

Chapter 5 Selective mutism and my high school years

Earning redemption

* * * * * * * * * *

The first time I went to η private high school was when I attended tentative entrance ceremony.

We freshmen of η high school were supposed to attend the ceremony. Along with the ceremony, orientation session, school uniform sales, etc. are scheduled for.

η high school was a mammoth school, so I saw hundreds of freshmen in the school. Wandering in the school, I happened to meet my former classmates. They also failed the entrance exams for their first-choice high school. In my region most junior high school students' first choices were public high school rather than private high school. I attended the tentative entrance ceremony with them.

When I attended an orientation session, one teacher said to us, "Even if you failed entrance exams for public high schools, you can earn redemption in university entrance exams."

I was very impressed by what he said. I decided to study hard to go to prestigious university at the moment. Instead, I got the thought of overcoming selective mutism out of my head.

(To be continued)

Index of SM story