Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Selectively mute child at puberty

* * * * * * * * * *

Chapter 3 I suffer from severe selective mutism

Selectively mute child at puberty

* * * * * * * * * *

M seems to love Tomishige.

I heard a rumor from my classmate.

M was my classmate. She was a neighbor of K, a friend of mine. She was very popular with boys.

Her behavior toward me was strange.

For instance, in an art class, when I was painting, she came over to me and said, "Would it be all right if I use your water holder?" But her desk was long away from mine. I couldn't understand why she came all the way to my place.

But she didn't confessed her love to me. I was not sure whether she loved me or not then.

Whether she loved me or not, the rumor enhanced my confidence enormously. Until then, I suffered from low self-esteem and feelings of inadequacy. But I may have been considered as attractive by the opposite sex.

* * * * * * * * * *

I met another girl who was interested in me. Every time she met me, she said, "Tomishige, cute!"

She was also the 6th grade, but she was not my classmate. Why she knew me was a mystery to me.

But her attitude toward me also enhanced my confidence.

* * * * * * * * * *

Whoever praised me, my self-esteem was still low. But my confidence was enhanced enormously when I felt loved by girls. I may have been a lustful boy.

(To be continued)

Index of SM story